WordPress or coded blog?

I want to build a blog for my web design agency, to write articles that might be useful for my client’s and to also be visible when it comes to SEO. However, i’m a bit unsure on how to do so. Should I use WordPress to launch my blog or design and create it myself? Which option is better when it comes to SEO?

WordPress got some cool plugins that will certainly easy it up for me in terms of SEO. But, i don’t want to spend a bunch of bucks on a good theme neither i would like to use a free one. I did navigate through them but none of them actually grabbed my interest.

I would like to create the blog myself. However, i’m afraid this might cause a major issue in terms of SEO. As a guy who got no clue about that topic, I’m not even sure if going for WordPress or a coded blog will have that effect on SEO. Can someone advise?

1 Like

Create your own Wodpress theme. It would be easier to do tweaks, mobile optimization and etc.

I don’t mean a Wordpress theme. The main idea here is if i should use WordPress for my blog or have an HTML/CSS blog created? Will this affect my SEO by any means?

If you want to do a good job. you can’t really do so for free. I’d go the WordPress route then install the OceanWP theme and paid extras. This givesyou access to a bundle of nice templates and apps like Elementor. Then for SEO, just install the free version of Yoast. That will guide you through the basics SEO wise.

1 Like

Yes, I meant for you to use wordpress - and if necessary it would be easier to modify it, customize it etc…

1 Like

The main reason I would use WordPress for is honestly the SEO plugins. I can’t do that with an Html/Css website. I’ll try and see how it goes!