What do you want to achieve in 2020?

I’m nowhere near close to finishing my box of Christmas chocolates yet, but my mind has already started to wander to the year ahead.

There are a couple of things I want to accomplish this year.

I want to improve my fitness. I’ve noticed I can’t last as long during soccer games with my younger family members. It’s time to dig out my running shoes.

I also want to start selling on Fiverr. I do a lot of business on other platforms, so I’m not sure if I’ll be able to dedicate too much time to selling on Fiverr, but I want to at least try. For almost a year, I’ve been promising people that I’ll create a gig

What do you want to achieve or improve upon in the year ahead? Share your thoughts, and we’ll meet back here in a year to compare notes! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

On a less serious note, I’d also like to try Venezuelan food.

My friend @Starrynight regularly talks about the dishes she’s eating. I’d like to be able to put a taste to a name. :yum:

6 Likes

I want to put on 12 kg of weight. I already regained 1kg of the almost 2 kg I lost when I got sick - 11 more to go. :grimacing: :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

My 2020 list:

• Get a side hustle going to fatten up my savings account

• keep in touch with friends & family, even if it’s only a quick text every day

• Eat healthy (er) :smile:

• And, dag gone it, get more people to join this forum!!!

7 Likes
  • Start saving more. I second Gina on this.
  • Visit at least 2 new countries.
  • Start being more active again.
  • Finally decide if I am going to study masters or do what I do.

I want @babyfacedwriter write veri gud Linkadin description for me. I need add work experiance. If u create gig. I first order.

7 Likes

Are you advised to exercise indoors there because of the pollution levels?

That’s an awesome goal, especially if we get to see your vacation pics. :slight_smile:

I want babyface write veri gud Linkadin description for me.

“knock mr dear freaky now or he will get very depress”

4 Likes

Almost exactly how much I’ve got left to lose! :wink:

• 8 more sessions of cardiac rehab to go, and then I’ll be able to join a gym with ‘normal’ people possibly?
  • When the nicer weather comes, get out on my tricycle more - I really don’t need my car so much now, and we have miles of safe cycling space round here.
  • If I’m going to keep having a car, possibly buy a smaller one.
  • Put up a video a day on YT, creating passive income opportunities.
  • Get rid of a load of stuff I’ve had hanging around forever on ebay. I really need to minimalise.
  • Realise that Twitter isn’t the real world thankfully, and pay far less attention to it. I find myself becoming annoyed by stuff which really has no actual bearing on me personally!
7 Likes

A lot of fattening up going on – Gina’s bank account and @starrynight’s booty. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Sweet. :slight_smile:

How long do you think it’ll take you to do 8 more sessions?

Now that’s something I can get behind. Every time I visit that site, I leave with a headache!

Thankfully in the real world people tend to debate a little more maturely, even when they disagree.

5 Likes

I’m doing 2 sessions a week, each of an hour, so I should be finished by the end of January. Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: . If all goes well, I’ll get a certificate and everything! Just really grateful to my local hospital for taking such good care of me, and having the gym facilities available there to do the cardiac rehab. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Yes, and I hate indoor exercise. Except basketball, but then it is expensive to book a gym to play if you are just one person.

4 Likes

If we could only transmute some things in life… Things could be sooooooo easy. :sweat_smile:

I know you will. :slightly_smiling_face: :kissing_heart:

I live so happyly and free without social accounts! :innocent: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sweat_smile:

The difference between Gina and I is that I won’t cry too much if it doesn’t fatten more than it is right now, or if it only does it a little bit. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I am late to the party, but I made it!

That reminds me, I have a box to go sample again!

Like you, I want to get more physically fit. When our insurance stopped paying for our gym membership we stopped going. We thought we would exercise at home, but nada. So, I changed my insurance plan to one where I will once again get a gym membership and lower premiums to boot, so now I will save money to buy new clothes after I lose the weight I plan to lose while getting in better shape.

I have 12kg you can have for free! :wink:

And for the second time doing so with Gina and Freaky I third that.

Oh boy! more vacation pictures. I travel virtually through you, Freaky!

Rob is working with me now as a ghost proofreader. We have kept pretty busy, I created a book gig just for him to do. But I have been thinking of trying other platforms with him as the account owner. Are there any worth trying?

Hey, @weeyin I want one of those! Congrats on graduating from cardio rehab. I asked one of my son’s to give his dad year-long gym membership. Since we lost our gym membership Rob sits around a lot and I want him to stay in shape so he is around longer.

I never got into Twitter, other than to follow my youngest son. I get notices that there are posts and I delete them. :upside_down_face: Maybe I should just delete my account. :thinking:

I want to:

• Declutter - I am ready to let go of stuff and plan to start selling it on e-bay or donating it.
    *Go to the gym 3 times a week.
    *Get back to eating healthy and losing more weight. I have lost 40lbs so far, but I plan on 90 more. I have a paperclip chain of the 40 pounds I have lost hanging on a tall floor lamp in my living room. Sadly, I have not added to it since August, but then I have not needed to take any clips off either. My middle son says he wants to see it touch the floor by June so I better get busy. (I guess one chocolate a day is what I will have to limit myself to.
    *Either grow my 5R business or try to add another platform because even though I have a pension and medicare it does not pay for things like dentist visits, which can be expensive.
4 Likes

Hahahaha. Thanks, Vickie. :innocent:

With @weeyin’s 12kg, now I’ll have 24 to see what to do with them. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Dentists here are super-cheap, but we have public healthcare.

1 Like

Not here. I lost a permanent tooth somewhat close to the front of my mouth. It is barely visible when I smile, but the thing is that I lost its neighbor many years ago and got by with a bridge until the tooth at one end of the bridge cracked and now I have a two tooth gap at the side of my mouth and the one tooth way in back is lonely. However, it costs $3500 for each tooth that needs to be implanted to replace the two I lost.

That is why I am looking for ways to add to my income.

1 Like

Dang, you can fly to Mexico or Eastern Europe, visit one of the private clinics and have money spare in the pocket. For real, healthcare stuff are crazy expensive in the US.

Edit: I just remembered, my dad’s mentor from Ohio sold his house to pay for a surgery.

1 Like

Huh I can help you with that :wink: it will be a matter of a couple of minutes for me :joy: I already finished two cakes and five boxes of chocolates and one box of choco pie.
oh boy… looks like I will pay for that…

I also have some to give :wink: looks like we have more fat for you than you can handle :grin:

1. To get my six pack abs back (impossible)
  2. Stop eating chocolates (impossible)
  3. Start loving going to the gym and doing HIIT workouts (imposible)
  4. Eat more veggies and greens (impossible. I feel like grazing animal)
  5. Learn trading and investments world
  6. Finally create a gig for animated GIFs
  7. To buy a freaking penthouse in center of London (impossible. Or maybe not) @babyfacedwriter how’s the gofundme going?
  8. Travel. We already have travel planned to Krabi, Bali, Mexico, Maldives, Finland, Russia, Karelia and I’m still hoping to squeeze 2 more countries at the end of a year.
5 Likes

The good news is, we raised enough money for a London penthouse. The bad news is, we decided to spend that money on Deliveroo addiction treatment for you, instead. :see_no_evil:

Have you travelled much of your home country?

3 Likes

It can’t be that much. :grin:

You’re just saying it, because you want to be generous with me, and help me achieve my goal. :sweat_smile:

I’m sure you all (@glacierlily, @weeyin and you, María) will lose weight way before I’m able put on 10 pounds. :joy:

3 Likes