How do we feel about this?
A rhetorical question for people on Fiverr, since I feel fairly safe saying that this is generally very stressful:
- Oh no, what if they hate one job and screw me with awful reviews on everything?
- Oh no, they’ve just announced that they were unhappy with everyone else they worked with!
- Dayum, they misread that gig completely and now I have to gently steer them back on course
- Yikes, why do they think that I’m so awesome - what if their expectations are beyond what I do?
- OMG plz stop hyping me up I’m already making mental calcuations of how much a worst-case scenario pans out for me in the levels BS
- PLEASE stop telling me not to worry about deadlines when you’ve ordered what feels like half of my basic Gigs and don’t understand that the ticking clock is srs and I don’t want to ask for extensions because of the review, and STOP telling me your own timeframes!
- Wait, I’m your last chance to “make it”? Dude plz stahp talking
- No, I don’t want every file, folder, document, image, whatever you’ve ever farted out to ‘check’ so I get this pitch perfect. You didn’t buy my wildly overpriced extra for that stuff to discourage you, and I know because you spread the love over multiple Gigs and despite wild overexpectation you won’t cough up, but I gotta please you and OMG I wanted a relaxing week without this stress of having to figure out how to say now without risking you turning into an angry Shrek
Freelancing is fun! I’m sure it will be fine, but honestly… I’m just a writer. And I could do without all this nonsense rattling through my head.
Is it so hard for people to just act normally? Who even goes and buys multiple gigs from untried people anyway? Whether it’s $5 or $100, it makes 0 sense to me, and it’s just stupid and stressful because of the way Fiverr works.
So, consider this a moan, but if anyone wants to add their own moan or suggest ways to mitigate the dangers these kind of clients present, this is the place. I’m just going to have to overdeliver on every single front, cross my fingers and hope for the best. Then, block or educate depending on the review. I am NOT anyone’s last chance saloon savior!
EDIT: You can also call me a whiny lil b